Rick Warren called the Exponential Conference a super-conference of church planting. This event is organized twice a year as Exponential East and Exponential West. In 2015, the conferences were held in California and Florida, bringing together over 12,000 church planters. Each conference had 100+ speakers, 125+ workshops and 9+ tracks over 4 powerful days.
We have highlighted some memorable quotes from these conferences to spark your hearts and minds.
The Exponential Conferences in California and Florida – themed Spark – were inspired by what Paul wrote to Timothy:
“For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline” (2 Tim. 1: 6-7).
Here are some of the memorable quotes from Exponential East 2015, which was held at the Idlewild Baptist Church near Tampa, Florida:
Steve Stroope, Lead Pastor of Lake Pointe Church
- “My short definition of leadership is anticipation.”
Ying Kai, Visionary pastor and founder of Training for Trainers
- “Jesus said ‘go’, but most churches say ‘come’.”
Danielle Strickland, Evangelist and officer at The Salvation Army
- “Places of chaos are good, because they’re an invitation to God to hover.”
- “The cross was not a tragedy but a strategy for his Kingdom to come.”
Steve Murrell, Founding pastor of Victory Manila
- “It’s your job to build disciples and let Jesus build the church.”
Max Lucado, Minister at Oak Hills Church
- “Prayer is not asking God to do what I want but asking God to do what is right.”
- “If the power of prayer depends upon the one who hears it, we have hope.”
Exponential West 2015, held in Mariners Church in Los Angeles, was another power-packed event. Here is our pick of the top quotes from the conference:
J.D. Greear, Pastor of Summit Church
- “Sending capacity not seating capacity is the mark of success for a Great Commission Church.”
- “The best ideas are in the body of the local church. I must see my role as serving the volunteers rather than getting them to be volunteers in the cog of my machine.”
- “The point is not the growth of our church but the advance of the Gospel.”
- “The Holy Spirit whispered in my ear, “why don’t you feel that way about your city now!” It was a monumental shift for me as I had to wrestle with whose kingdom I was trying to build.”
Francis Chan, Evangelist and author
- “We are talking about a miracle and so I’m saying let’s abide in Him. Let’s seriously believe that we can be one, just as the Father and the Son are one, and pursue that in the church.“
- “A movement starts when the founder really knows Jesus. You know how movements die? When the followers only knows the founder.“
Bill Hybels, Lead pastor at Willow Creek Community Church
- “Once a church planter has established his fundamental commitments and decided not to quit, it’s just a matter of commitment management.”
- “I had to settle with God, [praying] unless you take my life or release me from my call at Willow, I’m going to serve this church with my heart, soul, mind, and strength every day. I’m not breaking that covenant.”
In 2016, Exponential East will be held at First Baptist Church, Orlando in April. A few months later, in October 2016, Exponential West will be hosted at Mariners Church, Irvine. Do you plan to attend any of the Exponential conferences in 2016? Register today so that you don’t miss the chance to fellowship and learn from other church planters!
Are you looking for similar church conferences to re-ignite that flame? CLICK the button below to get customized updates about upcoming conferences straight to your inbox!