Ed Stetzer is recognized as one of the foremost Christian thinkers and missiologists today. He is the founder and lead pastor at Grace Church, TN. In addition, he serves as the president of the LifeWay Research Division and executive editor of The Gospel Project.
Stetzer’s published works and talks at conferences have influenced numerous church leaders across different denominations. We now bring you the best of Ed Stetzer from the various church conferences he addressed in 2015.
Here are some of the most compelling quotes by Ed Stetzer from church conferences
In February 2015, One Story brought a strong lineup of speakers to empower church leaders with practical steps for effective outreach. Ed Stetzer presented these
- “The disciple-making opportunities have decreased as the cultural business has increased.”
- “The key to people’s spiritual formation is not found in their frequency of attendance but instead in their persistent faithfulness in the scriptures.”
This annual conference is the largest event dedicated to equipping church leaders with the latest tools and technologies for communication. Ed Stetzer challenged thousands of church leaders with these compelling facts:
- “If you want deeper knowledge it requires deeper conversation. You can’t engage an audience until you know them.”
- “However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.”
- “There is not a single researcher in the United States that believes the church in the United States is dying.”
Last year, the Ignite conference helped many church planters define and understand the identity of their ministries. Here are some words of wisdom by Ed Stetzer:
- “We can’t hate a people and reach a people at the same time.”
- “Don’t fall in love with the model of a church, fall in love with the model of Jesus. We know
we are sent, so let’s do more. Thank God for what you’ve done and now ask God for what
you’ll do next.”
Do you know that over 350 church conferences are held across the US each year? You can now browse all the conferences for 2016 here.
This conference at the James River Church focused on building biblical communities and leadership in small groups. Here are a few insights on Why Groups Matter by Ed Stetzer:
- “There is no more important ministry in a local church than that of life groups.”
- “Life groups is a tool that God has used and is using to move us from association to participation.”
- “Leadership is not an American cultural norm but a biblical requirement that has to be lived out in a cultural context.”
Last year, 100+ speakers sparked the minds of over 2,000 church planters at Exponential West. Keeping with the theme Igniting a Culture for Church Multiplication, Ed Stetzer opened the conference with these thoughts:
- “To create a culture of multiplication you, as the leader, need to spend time with leaders and lost people.”
- “Don’t let your church become a cul-de-sac on the Great Commission highway.”
- “Church multiplication movements require bivocational church planters.”
Renovate 2015 brought powerful speakers to help pastors to revitalize their churches. Here are a few gems from Ed Stetzer’s session at Renovate 2015:
- “People are not looking for a friendly church. They are looking for friends.”
- “The foolishness proclaimed calls for a foolish people to act foolishly.”
Thousands of church leaders and planters have been blessed by Ed Stetzer’s impactful messages at these conferences. If you missed him last year, we encourage you to make time to listen to him speak live this year.
Now, you can stay updated about upcoming church conferences of your choice. Simply click the button below to start getting FREE conference notifications in your inbox!